[Peace-discuss] Democrats & Settlements

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 13:49:23 CDT 2009

The big Q is what happens now, or -- in the new terminology -- "going forward." Not too long ago, many referred to the 1967 agreement, i e dismantling ALL the settlements since that time... Jimmy Carter was promoting a plan just last year that sounded attractive and doable (at least to me) for doing just that.... but I haven't heard word one about that from anyone else -- Obama's stronger-than-Bush's stance has never mentioned 1967 boundaries, nor the established settlements, only stopping current construction... and in the face of Israel's stated refusal, he seems to be back-pedalling on that demand...

I-P is only part of the equation -- tho' a large part -- so long as the US is responsible for civilian deaths in Af and Pak, nothing will really change...
 --Jenifer