[Peace-discuss] Republicans can stop the war, with your help

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 10 18:50:22 CDT 2009

[From <http://www.democrats.com/>]

	25 House Progressives Can End the Wars *

On Monday, we said just 40 House Progressives could end the wars in Iraq
and Afghanistan/Pakistan (Af/Pak) by opposing the Pentagon's demand for
another $95 billion. That's because all 178 Republicans will vote no
over $5 billion for the IMF.

Nearly 10,000 of you emailed your Representatives, and 15 House Progressives
<http://www.democrats.com/progressives-and-bluedogs-can-defeat-war-supplemental>
responded to you by opposing the $95 billion. So now we need *just 25 more. *

*Tell Congress: Healthcare Not Warfare
**http://www.democrats.com/healthcare-not-warfare *
<http://www.democrats.com/healthcare-not-warfare>

For a glimpse of the impact of U.S. bombs on the children of
Afghanistan, watch this 1 minute video from our friends at BraveNewFilms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzyfAHvvXDU
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzyfAHvvXDU>

If you have time to call Congress, pick a few from this list:
http://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/Supplemental
<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/Supplemental>
Report the response you get using the webform.

If you use Twitter, you can "retweet" four quick messages to key Members
of Congress: http://www.democrats.com/tweet-against-war-funds
<http://www.democrats.com/tweet-against-war-funds>

You can follow my tweets here:
http://twitter.com/bobfertik <http://twitter.com/bobfertik>
And you can follow our action-only tweets here:
http://twitter.com/democratscom <http://twitter.com/democratscom>

Thanks for all you do!

Bob Fertik