[Peace-discuss] Fw: Dennis Kucinich and Lynn Woolsey Need Your Help!

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Wed Jun 10 19:14:59 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: U.S. Labor Against the War
To: unionyes at ameritech.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:23 PM
Subject: Dennis Kucinich and Lynn Woolsey Need Your Help!

            USLAW AFFILIATES NEWS

      PLEASE PASS THIS ALERT ON TO OTHERS.

      Dennis Kucinich and Lynn Woolsey need our help to

      Tell Congress -

       No More Money

      for Wars & Occupations!

      Congress may vote this week to authorize an additional $100 billion for continuing military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Resistance to this appropriation has been growing.  Yesterday Congressman Dennis Kucinich and Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey sent a letter to their colleagues urging a vote against the bill.

      The 51 members of the House, who voted "No" the first time around because of their opposition to the wars, have become more influential.  They need our support to continue building the antiwar bloc in Congress.  If you have not yet called your member of Congress and Senators this week, please do so today!

        1.. Click here to look up your Congressional delegation contact information or call the congressional switchboard directly at this toll-free number: (866) 261-4755, or 202-224-3121.

        2..

        Call your Representative and ask for the foreign policy staff person. Most offices are open from 9 AM til 5 or 6 PM Eastern. Some offices allow you to leave messages after hours or you can call their local district offices.

      Find out how your Rep. voted by clicking here.  If they voted no, thank them and make sure they plan to vote no again. If they voted yes, let them know you want to see an end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and you want them to vote against the supplemental funding.

           3. Hang up and call both your Senators with the same message.  You can see how they voted here.

                      Thanks for joining me to let our representatives know we want them to end to this terrible waste of lives and resources.

      Share this bulletin with a coworker or friend.

      If you received this from a friend,

      you can subscribe by using the link at the top of this bulletin.

      Support the Work of USLAW

      U.S. Labor Against the War counts on people like you and its organizational affiliates in the labor movement for the resources needed to sustain this important work.

      Please make a financial donation in whatever amount you can afford

      Thanks in advance for whatever support you can provide.

        a.. If you value the work that USLAW does, please consider becoming an associate member and supporting USLAW with a donation.

      Manage profile (change preferences, unsubscribe from other USLAW lists, update email address, etc...)

      Contact USLAW

      Have you visited the USLAW website recently? www.uslaboragainstwar.org Check it out for news, information and resources for labor's antiwar movement. See the latest news about Iraq's labor movement, the U.S. military occupation and the movement that seeks to end it. Learn more about USLAW and what you can do to bring all U.S. troops and contractors rapidly home.