[Peace-discuss] Reps can end war, if some Dems help: will they?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 15 00:43:03 CDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------

Message from Democrats.com <http://democrats.com>:

**5 House Progressives Can End the Wars**

Just 39 House Progressives could end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan/Pakistan
(Af/Pak) by opposing the Pentagon's demand for another $95 billion. That's
because all 178 Republicans will vote no over $5 billion for the IMF.

Nearly 15,000 of you emailed your Representatives, and 34 House Progressives
<http://www.democrats.com/progressives-and-bluedogs-can-defeat-war-supplemental>
responded to you by opposing the $95 billion. So now *we need just 5 more*.  15
are leaning no, and 20 are undecided.
<http://campaignsilo.firedoglake.com/2009/06/12/updated-supplemental-whip-count-we-have-34-of-the-39-votes-we-need/>*

*Tell Congress: Healthcare Not Warfare
<http://www.democrats.com/healthcare-not-warfare>*

Jane Hamsher of FireDogLake is doing heroic work to lobby progressive Democrats.
Watch her video message to activists:
<http://www.democrats.com/jane-hamsher-needs-our-calls>.

We're using a cool phoning tool that lets you call all the swing House Democrats
for free: <http://www.causecaller.com/causes.php?c=Say_No_to_$95B_War_Supplemental>
We have a quick script, and you can call any time of day or night.

If you use Twitter, you can "retweet" five quick messages to key members of
Congress: <http://www.democrats.com/tweet-against-war-funds>

You can follow my tweets here: <http://twitter.com/bobfertik>
And you can follow our action-only tweets here: <http://twitter.com/democratscom>

Thanks for all you do!