[Peace-discuss] Re: Fraudulent votes

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 22 06:23:18 CDT 2009

"Yes, I’m cheering on the Green Revolutionaries, because the foreign policy
positions taken by Mousavi will be conducive to negotiations with the U.S. over
the issue of nuclear weapons. I agree with the Leveretts that no matter who
wins, we need to start those talks now, with no preconditions, and in the
context of Iran’s right – under the Non-Proliferation Treaty – to develop the
peaceful uses of nuclear power. I agree with McAdams that the U.S. government
should stay out of Iran’s internal affairs. But that doesn’t mean I don’t care
about the Iranian people – who are even now being slaughtered and beaten in the
streets of their own cities. The regime they suffer under is kept in power by
the threat of U.S. imperialism, which has encircled the country and is even now
preparing to strike – and it’s precisely because I understand this, and oppose
it with all my being, that my heart goes out to the Green Revolutionaries.

"No, I don’t want our president to declare his support, and I applaud Ron Paul
for his lone vote in Congress against a grandstanding resolution endorsing the
Mousavi movement. Our government should steer clear of this entirely..."

This is from a long response to the Leveretts,

	"Iran’s Green Revolution: Made in America? No way, no how"
	by Justin Raimondo, June 22, 2009

<http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2009/06/21/iran%E2%80%99s-green-revolution-made-in-america/>