[Peace-discuss] No enemies to the left

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 14 23:14:06 CDT 2009

The difference is that Johnson had a vigorous anti-war movement exposing what he
did ("Hey, hey, LBJ / How many kids did you kill today?") -- Nixon (who
resembles Obama more that Johnson does) even more so.  Even Bill Clinton had
serious critics of his war-making.  But the contemporary analogues of those
people are supporting "their president" Obama.  His politics reduce to
successful chicanery.  The responsibility rests with those activists who,
instead of exposing it, have supported it.  --CGE