[Peace-discuss] Fw: CCHCC Annual Dinner & Adbook -- AWARE

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 28 09:23:51 CDT 2009

[I received the following reply to the question I posed, below.  --CGE]

I understand that you are anti-choice and that you wish to oppose the
possibility of AWARE placing an ad in our Adbook Program for the dinner on the
basis of CCHCC having a pro-choice position. Whether AWARE takes an ad or not, I
appreciate the consideration. Many groups take ads even if they do not support
every issue we work on. Some take ads in order to show support, while others
take ads in order to increase awareness of their organization or business.
Anyway, I do appreciate the consideration.

You may forward this message to your listserv, if you so choose.

CCHCC does support a woman's right to choose, and a woman's right to access to a
full range of reproductive health services.

While some people may focus narrowly on abortion, it is important to understand,
that in our community (because of the policies and practices of our major
physician Clinics), our women's health work also includes the right to prenatal
care for a healthy pregnancy. At least once a month now, since a longstanding
prenatal care program has ended, we at CCHCC, are working to help a woman access
prenatal care after being denied that care.

Sincerely,

Claudia Lennhoff, CCHCC Executive Director