[Peace-discuss] Fw: CCHCC Annual Dinner & Adbook -- AWARE

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 14:46:31 CDT 2009

In any event I wasn't aware of this anti-war, anti-racist organization having a litmus test related to abortion rights.  If we did, I doubt it would be the one that Carl seems to assume we should have.

This superstitious fear of other people's beliefs, especially if they happen to be "liberal" but not if they are decidely "conservative" or "rightwing", is also a serious blind spot for some of our good members who are otherwise committed to libertarian/anarchist and humanitarian principles.

Champaign County Health Care Consumers is a wonderful grassroots organization - with faults, just as every organization has faults - and its work on behalf of the poor and the sick in our community, Medicaid recipients, Medicare recipients, and others has been and continues to be invaluable.  They are basically responsible for stopping the illegal conspiracy between Carle and Christie to deny care to Medicaid patients, for one thing.  There is plenty more.

It's even likely that AWARE would benefit more from association with CCHCC than vice versa.
Ricky

"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes." - Maggie Kuhn