[Peace-discuss] Fw: Afghanistan Alert: Robert Greenwald Witnesses Security in Kabul

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 29 21:52:56 CDT 2009

--- On Wed, 3/25/09, Robert Greenwald <info at bravenewfoundation.org> wrote:

Dear Jenifer,

1. Watch this Update
2. Sign the Petition
3. Follow Robert

Greetings from Afghanistan!

I'm here working on our Rethink Afghanistan documentary. It's hard to put into words many things about Kabul, where I've been interviewing members of the Afghan parliament, women's advocacy groups, and former Taliban members who want to negotiate peace.

One of the most sobering things I've seen is how security takes over your daily life, and this footage of the front of the hotel tells it all. Guards with machine guns patrol everywhere--the face of a conflict brought home.

Keep spreading the word about our petition for congressional oversight hearings that over 38,000 people have signed, since these hearings will inform the public and rein in this war. And continue to follow my video blog updates and Twitter feed throughout my journey, as I bring you more experiences from Afghanistan.

Yours,
Robert Greenwald

P.S. For more on Rethink Afghanistan, check out Brian Stelter's recent piece in The New York Times, which really puts this documentary campaign into perspective.

Follow us:

You can get our latest videos via email, RSS, iTunes or YouTube.
And, if you prefer, follow us on Facebook.
To stop receiving updates from us, click here.
Brave New Foundation | 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232