[Peace-discuss] Fw: Afghanistan Alert: Robert Greenwald Witnesses Security in Kabul

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Mar 29 22:35:17 CDT 2009

NYT 22 MARCH 2009: "Greenwald said the chapters of the film would seek to raise
a series of questions about the war in Afghanistan: 'How many troops? How long?
How much is this going to cost? What is the end mission?'"

Does this mean that this guy supports some version of Obama's murderous policy
in AfPak -- a continued occupation, under certain conditions?

He seems to have a long-standing connection with the fake-left group MoveOn.org:

"Liberal think tanks and advocacy organizations formed during the Bush/Cheney
regime are working in close and well-funded coordination as a PR messaging
machine for the Obama Administration's foreign and domestic policies. A
Washington Post blog noted that the Center for American Progress is now running
Progressive Media which was begun by Tom Matzzie and David Brock in 2008 and now
'represents a serious ratcheting up of efforts to present a united liberal front
in the coming policy wars.' Progressive Media is a joint project with CAP and
Brock's Media Matters Action Network and 'headed by well-known liberal operative
Tara McGuinness.' Matzzie recently reminisced about his work with MoveOn's 'Tara
McGuinness, Eli Pariser and others' organizing Americans Against Escalation in
Iraq. Today MoveOn, USAction and others in that coalition are working hard to
push Obama's policies, including rationalizing or defending his escalation of
the wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan as 'sustainable security.'  [Comment with
links at <http://www.prwatch.org/node/8300>.]

--CGE