[Peace-discuss] abortion rights

jlvlo1945 at gmail.com jlvlo1945 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 21:26:39 CDT 2009

Ricky, I would agree completely that religion is a very significant part of
culture, and that wonderful things have been attributed to religion, even
though those things may have happened just as well without religion. But it
is primitive because it has not kept pace with mans intellectual
advancement and does not match facts and dangerous because it provides
justification for man to commit unspeakable cruelities against each other
and relieves man of responsibilities and obligations to each other, to our
enviornment and to the continuation of our species. Everyone is entitled to
their own thoughts and beliefs. So, we agree a fetus is alive. Do we agree
that late term abortions kill innocent human beings, even though those
human beings have not been birthed and have not achieved what you see as
personhood? I would agree with you that adults with low functioning brains
and children have few rights, but WE do not have the right to kill THEM.