[Peace-discuss] Torturing 'em for Jesus

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon May 4 16:48:38 CDT 2009

The truthout article is good to read for the statistics, and I do agree
with the author's premise about loyalty to the GOP line.

Susan Brooks says it's because the churches teach violence. I don't buy
it as much of a factor, because the churches are hardly the sole purveyors.
(I didn't see Passion of the Christ, but I did see the Mad Max series
and the Lethal Weapon series).

I would say that it is "...a famine in the land, not a famine of bread,
nor a thirst for water, but a famine for hearing the words of the Lord."
- Amos 8.11