[Peace-discuss] Americans are Prepared for Deceptive Rhetoric

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Mon May 4 22:00:36 CDT 2009

>"I thought I wanted a new era of transparency and accountability, but
honestly, I just can't handle it," Ohio resident Nathan >Pletcher said. "All
I ever hear about now is how my retirement has been pushed back 15 years and
how I won't be able to afford >my daughter's tuition when she grows up."

>"From now on, just tell me the bullshit I want to hear," Pletcher added.
"Tell me my savings are okay, everybody has a job, and >we're No. 1 again.
Please, just lie to my face."

Unfortunately, most Americans can't handle transparency and accountability
but like to think and pretend that they can handle it and actually desire
it.  They want to be lied to and always have. Any claims to the contrary is
pretense and always has been.  Thus, being prepared to accept deception and
deceptive rhetoric is nothing new.