[Peace-discuss] Fw: Starbucks: Think Before You Drink

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 14:20:44 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 5/19/09, Robert Greenwald <info at bravenewfilms.org> wrote:

From: Robert Greenwald <info at bravenewfilms.org>
Subject: Starbucks: Think Before You Drink
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 10:18 AM

Dear Jenifer,

1. Watch the video
2. Sign the memo
3. Donate

When we talk about bringing you hard-hitting political videos free of charge, our new Stop Starbucks campaign leaps to mind. Before you view it, consider donating $20, $30, $50, or even $100 dollars to fund more progressive campaigns like this one.

Now, check out this video in which we expose how Starbucks harasses and intimidates workers trying to unionize. There are over 127,000 baristas in our country alone, many of whom are in dire need of better wages, health benefits, and hours. We can't allow Starbucks to violate labor laws and mistreat their employees. Sign the memo to Howard Schultz, Starbucks' billionaire owner, insisting he allow workers to unionize.

We're committed to improving workers' rights, which we have proven time and time again with Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price, the War on Greed, and now with Stop Starbucks. Join us in our mission by donating to Brave New Films today.

Yours,

Robert Greenwald
and the Brave New Films team

Follow us:

You can get all of our latest videos via email, RSS, iTunes, or YouTube.
And, if you prefer, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
To stop receiving updates from us, click here.
Brave New Films | 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232