[Peace-discuss] July 4 parade

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed May 20 12:59:37 CDT 2009

Here is one of my ideas for a float.  A bit subtle perhaps, but with a
little work it could be made more overt....

A float depicting several famous American warmongers hanging in effigy....

An Arch on the front displaying the words "Behold! Amerika's War Criminals"

*"Honest Abe" Lincoln* in a prominent position as the first in a long
line, followed in succession by
several other racist and warmongering tyrants
(banner over them "Lincoln's Real Heritage")

wrapped in a scrolls of their most damning and damnable lies...

notably some examples (there are others...and perhaps more satisfactory
quotes...)

*William McKinley, *
("We could not leave[the Filipinos] to themselves - they were unfit for
self-government")

*Woodrow Wilson*
(Segregation is not a humiliation but a benefit, and ought to be so
regarded by you gentlemen.
"We must make the world safe for democracy")

*FDR*
  ("We must be the arsenal of democracy")

*Bill Clinton *
("We continue to promote independence and democracy")

*George W. Bush*
("...spreading democracy in parts of the world where people just don't
believe it can happen.")

*Barack H. Obama*
("We should be more modest in our belief that we can impose democracy on
a country through military force.")

******

Towering over the mess, Liberty in robes of "code" Pink wields the sword
of Judgment.

The edges of the float are emblazoned with the words "Sic Semper
Tyrannis - Thus Always to Tyrants - Sic Semper Tyrannis -..."