[Peace-discuss] the stinkin' lincoln legacy

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Thu May 21 16:19:57 CDT 2009

You seem unable to make distinctions. I was alluding to the situation
that Lincoln faced. Each example of yours entertains a different
discussion. Hiroshima- Nagasaki was a question of how to end the war,
how many lives to be saved. There are substantive arguments on that
question. Terrorism (Reagan) or not is another question quite
different from Lincoln's problems. The number of feasible, rational,
actions open in each case differs. The tendency to blend different
situations together makes for an intellectual mush, and the poetry is
of no help.

--mkb