[Peace-discuss] July 4th float -- okay, seriously...

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 11:41:59 CDT 2009

Excellent points, Karen, esp re last year's float, a real winner b/c of how positively AWARE handled the topic!! Hey, maybe do that again, under the banner: Lincoln would have loved this float!! Nah...

Yes, there were things about Lincoln's time that were  anti-war... AND anti-racist, too. For a nice change, let's try think of AWARE as pro-peace and pro-inclusion/diversity and find things to support those. Works better for me than all this "anti" thinking.
 --Jenifer