[Peace-discuss] July 4th float -- okay, seriously...

Ron Szoke r-szoke at illinois.edu
Fri May 22 13:44:19 CDT 2009

Wayne's mention of Lysander Spooner suggests a way out of the current impasse:
we could carry signs, pictures or simply names of others of Lincoln's time & after
who were firmly anti-war & anti-slavery (from birth?) -- suggesting they were part
of the "lasting legacy of Lincoln."

Can we find anyone sufficiently "pure" for this?  Maybe not, if a few insist on
continuing their "More anti-war than thou" posturing.

Any nominations?  Thoreau, perhaps?  Whitman?  Others?

-- Ron