[Peace-discuss] Invite Muslim Peacemaker Sami Rasouli to speak in C-U?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 4 08:29:19 CST 2009

Heard this from Katy Vizdal of the IMC.  Shall we try to invite
Sami Rasouli, Iraqi founder of the Muslim Peacemaker Teams, to speak here
while he's traveling in Minnesota/Wisconsin over the next few weeks?
His schedule (see attachment) is fairly full, but there are openings
just before Thanksgiving (not ideal), just after (maybe better),
and in early December.  We'd have to pay an honorarium,
and for his travel and lodging here, but that should be within reach.

He'd probably be happy to speak both off-campus and on if we like.
I don't have time to put together a proper writeup on him,
but wanted to pass the word along so we can get started...