[Peace-discuss] Senate renaming Post Offices after military heroes

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:21:06 CST 2009

I don't think this is particularly new, nor, unless you know to the
contrary, that it is particularly  limited to "military heroes" or
even veterans.

>From 2007:

1 . To designate the post office located at 309 East Linn Street,
Marshalltown, Iowa, as the `Major Scott Nisely Post Office'. (Reported
in Senate)[S.1539.RS]
2 . To designate the post office located at 309 East Linn Street,
Marshalltown, Iowa, as the `Major Scott Nisely Post Office'.
(Introduced in Senate)[S.1539.IS]
11 . To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service
located at 118 Minner Avenue in Bakersfield, California, as the `Buck
Owens Post Office'. (Reported in Senate)[S.1781.RS]
12 . To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service
located at 427 North Street in Taft, California, as the `Larry S.
Pierce Post Office'. (Reported in Senate)[S.2110.RS]
13 . To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service
located at 18 S. G Street, Lakeview, Oregon, as the `Dr. Bernard Daly
Post Office Building'. (Reported in Senate)[S.3015.RS]
14 . To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service
located at 11001 Dunklin Road in St. Louis, Missouri, as the `William
`Bill' Clay Post Office'. (Reported in Senate)[S.2622.RS]
15 . To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service
located at 10799 West Alameda Avenue in Lakewood, Colorado, as the
`Felix Sparks Post Office Building'. (Reported in Senate)[S.2673.RS]

etc.