[Peace-discuss] Senate renaming Post Offices after military heroes

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:03:39 CST 2009

Wow. I guess I had not ever noticed the Post Offices being named
anything but the name of the town.
Recently, I have come to think of the Post Office as serving an
essential role of inexpensive communication to every household --
which I feel is somehow vital to democracy. Much in the way that I see
libraries as being vital to democracy, I now see the Postal Service.
But I guess they name libraries after rich donors. And the Post Office
has very long ties to the military. A very large percentage of my
co-workers were military veterans.

I still think it is sad state of affairs that there is a Senate
committee called the "Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental
Affairs".
And that any committee spends its time renaming Post Offices.

-karen medina