[Peace-discuss] president's speech on afghanistan (correction)

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Nov 12 00:49:30 CST 2009

I got hung up at "justice's sake" because I had filed away---

from---

makarioi  oi  dediwgmenoi eneken dikaiosunhv  oti  autwn  estin  h
basileia  twn  ouranwn

rendered

*Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for
theirs is the kingdom of heaven.(*KJV*)*

rather than from ---

/beati qui persecutionem patiuntur propter iustitiam quoniam ipsorum est
regnum caelorum/

rendered
*
Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake: for theirs
is the kingdom of heaven.* (Douay)