[Peace-discuss] AWARE on the Air 11/17

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Nov 15 19:45:04 CST 2009

I'm still traveling & will be unable to chair AOTA this coming Tuesday, 1-2pm.

If you're willing to participate in the program, contact Karen Medina (chair of
the working group) or Ron Szoke.  If there are too few people to produce a new
program, UPTV will repeat last week's program.  (I saw a recording of that, and
it's particularly good.)

My travels include some items for future editions of AOTA:

    [1] a launch party at a gallery in Chicago for <humanthread.net> (which
see), which means to bring together artists and activists.

    [2] a meeting with Beverly --- of the Illinois Coalition for Justice, Peace,
& the Environment (who sends greetings to Stuart), which plans to have its fifth
convention in C-U and wishes to coordinate with us.  See their excellent website
at <www.icjpe.org>.

    [3] a commemoration and reunion at Notre Dame University of an anti-war
demonstration 40 [sic] years ago. In November of 1969 students sat in to prevent
recruitment by the CIA and Dow Inc. (a supplier of US chemical warfare in SE
Asia). Ten students were selected for suspension & expulsion by the university.
  The Notre Dame Ten return to Notre Dame this week for a teach-in for this
war's students.  --CGE