[Peace-discuss] Upcoming Exit Ramp? What Was Wrong With This One?

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 26 15:36:29 CST 2009

I think that one has to admit that it is possible that more force and cash in Afghanistan might largely subdue those who oppose us. It may be unlikely but it is a possibility. History is not necessarily a guide; it often morphs. What one should object to is the destruction, the deaths and the misery that will occur in the process, and for ends which are at most highly dubious, even admitting the silky words used by Mr. Obama to drug the "people". This is not even considering what the war is/has been doing to our own society. --mkb