[Peace-discuss] Income disparity discussion

John Fettig john.fettig at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 10:50:54 CDT 2009

Two points that need clarifying:

1) "a graduate student at the university" is kind of vague.  Not all
grad students are below the poverty level.  I'd guess that the
majority of grad students north of green street are above the poverty
level.

2) I'm not sure what being foreign has to do with the lack of health
coverage for families.  As far as I know, resident grad students are
in the same boat: they can get coverage for a spouse for
~$1200/semester, or a child for ~$600/semester.  I don't see anywhere
that states you must be a U.S. citizen or even a resident to qualify
for this.

John