[Peace-discuss] Tony's comments

illyes at illinois.edu illyes at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 16 17:24:55 CDT 2009

Sorry, Tony. I didn't notice your email till Dave Johnson reposted it.

It can be argued that we owe the Afghans. We and the Russians trashed their country in a proxy war. I am of the opinion that just leaving is the best plan, but I would not reject out of hand having a small military presence for the single purpose of providing security for infrastructure projects using aid money supplied by us..

I'm not sure how radical a Libertarian you are, but since you supported Costas, a Green, I suspect you find arguments such as the above at least worth considering.

Bob