[Peace-discuss] Re: [Discuss] Schwieghart's quote to WDWS

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:59:38 CDT 2009

> Personally, I'd like to see Mayor Schweighart resign.  I think we already
> have enough evidence against HIM.  :-)

Mayor Schweighart would rather die than give up his thrown. But
impeachment would be a worthy thing to look into.

> RE: Chief Finney

Chief Finney was at the scene when the child was killed.
If the shooting was wrong, and I believe that it was, then the officer
should be fired.
If Finney did nothing to stop the shooting, then he enabled it. As an
enabler, he is also guilty.

One should also ask why the Chief of Police was out there.

Over the last year, Finney and the city council have been told
repeatedly that there was a major problem: The teens in Champaign do
not trust the police. Repeatedly, they ignored the public comments,
the readily visible signs, and Finney continued supporting the
activities of his officers that degraded the trust even more. For
these alone, he should be fired.

But even beyond all, he was there that day.