[Peace-discuss] Fw: NoEscalation.org: Help Stop Afghanistan Escalation Before It's Too Late

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 17:54:15 CDT 2009

Got phone???

--- On Wed, 10/21/09, Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org> wrote:

From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Subject: NoEscalation.org: Help Stop Afghanistan Escalation Before It's Too Late
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 3:05 PM

Dear Jenifer,

For weeks, the Obama Administration has been deliberating on General McChrystal's request to send 40,000 more troops to Afghanistan. Six in ten Americans are opposed. [1] Top Administration officials and Democratic leaders in Congress are skeptical.

But the window of deliberation may be about to close. Press reports suggest that the Administration has been waiting for the Afghanistan election controversy to be resolved. Now that President Karzai has agreed to a runoff election, time may be running out to influence President Obama's decision.

Today, Just Foreign Policy, Peace Action, Code Pink, United for Peace and Justice and Voters for Peace are launching a joint project to try to influence the President's decision. We're urging Americans to use the website NoEscalation.org to get on the phone to Members of Congress - their own representatives and others - and urge them to speak out now against sending more U..S. troops into the quaqmire. we're asking callers to then report the results of their interactions with Congress on the website NoEscalation.org.

Would you go to NoEscalation.org to make your phone call and report back?

The website NoEscalation.org has phone numbers for every Member of Congress.. You can call your Representative and Senators and you can also call other Members in your area. The information you report on the website will help others in your area in their calls to their Members.

We're at a major fork in the road. One road leads to years of quagmire, the squandering of hundreds of billions of dollars that should be spent on human needs, and many more needless deaths of American soldiers and Afghan civilians. The other road leads towards national reconciliation in Afghanistan, regional diplomacy, an exit strategy and a timetable for military withdrawal. What President Obama decides now will shape U.S. foreign policy for the next eight years. Call now. Then forward this link to anyone who might take action:

http://noescalation.org

Thank you for all you do for a just foreign policy,

Robert Naiman, Sarah Burns, Chelsea Mozen and Megan Iorio
Just Foreign Policy

Please support our work. Without your financial support, we won't be able to continue creating opportunities to reform U.S. foreign policy.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate.html