[Peace-discuss] Team Obama Divided, Public Strongly Opposed, to More Troops in Afghanistan

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Sep 4 12:21:09 CDT 2009

On 9/4/2009 12:02 PM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> It would be better to stop the war by stopping the money, which
> doesn't even take a majority in Congress.
That indeed to me seems to be the Key.  The mill of morality grinds slow
and exceedingly fine,
but the attentions of Amerikans are always on their pocketbooks, and
right now Amerika is worried about its pocketbook.
One doesnt have to wait long to see the results, either.

The crazy thing  about it though, is that as the unemployment rate
rises, more jobless young people
will fall into the trap of military servitude with its guaranteed
income, perquisites, and promise of
a bloody death in some far away land, or worse yet, coming home
partially decapitated, maimed,
or maybe just deranged.