Fw: [Peace-discuss] Re: Fwd: Heckling the President is Unacceptable

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 13:47:27 CDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM, unionyes <unionyes at ameritech.net> wrote:

 Maybe that is the case,

> However, my point was the difference between British opposition
> Parliamentarians and the so called opposition in the U.S., where in Britain
> the opposition are NOT polite if they disagree.
> I remember one particular instance in the British Parliament during the
> 1980's where one of the Labour M.P. 's ( Member of Parliament ) stood up and
> called Margret Thatcher " Ronald Reagan's pet poodle ".
>
> You would NEVER hear that from in the U.S. Congress !
>
> David J.

But at the end of the day, it seems that Margaret Thatcher did pretty much
what she wanted to do.  She remained Reagan's pet poodle, because they
shared very similar ideologies.  And I'm sure that Britain, in its House of
Lords and House of Commons, has the same sorts of partisan gridlock,
corruption, elitism, etc., that we see here.  So, while British government
may be more fun to watch on TV, I doubt very much whether the average
British citizen is any more empowered than citizens are here.

Still...they DO have the National Health Service.  :-(

John