[Peace-discuss] Re: AWARE closet becomes Odd Music closet

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 15 18:48:14 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 05:27:55PM -0500, Jacob Barton wrote:
> Thanks, Stuart and others for making room for us, and sorry for not being
> clear on our timing earlier!
>
> ODDMUSIC has moved in.  The desk inside the 21A door has all of the stuff
> that remained in the space when we moved in; presumably mostly AWARE's, with
> a garnish of public i, perhaps.

I think (& left a note saying) that the only remaining AWARE stuff
in your new room is the giant wooden sign and the metal bookshelf.

When I left, there was a box of assorted videos too,
but I've no idea whose they were.  (Overflow from the Family Room
video library?)

(In the Family Room, there is a lot of AWAREiana stuffed in corners,
which we'll need to relocate somehow or toss.)

> We assume we can use the desks currently in the room.  We think the giant
> impeach sign is fine there for the time being, as well as the big metal
> shelving.  (We would love that shelf for ourselves, or to share it...)

That might be fine.  It is a nice set of shelves, and would fit all AWARE's
small stuff (craft supplies...) though we can probably live without it.
Does anyone on peace-discuss care either way?

I think we should talk with Betsem and Atef in the Artists' Commons space
and see whether they'd like to share the additional shelf space with AWARE
at the expense of losing some floor space.  If neither we nor they care,
it might well become your shelf.  Pending some sort of decision, of course we won't
object if you put things on the shelf for the time being, but keep in mind
that we could want to come and claim it some day.

> We aim to get on solid enough ground to be able to venture collaborations
> with groups like AWARE...so far I'm just picturing a 16-voice chorus belting
> Rzewski's "No More War" round (
> http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/rzewski/nowar.pdf) at some public
> happening...

:)