[Peace-discuss] Fw: Tell Congress: stop the next recesion

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 12:17:12 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM, E. Wayne Johnson <ewj at pigs.ag> wrote:

 I am wondering if it's the hypocrisy or if it's the blindness of the Obots
> that
> drives them to write classical pap like this:
>
> "But *despite all that's been done to rescue them and prop them up,
> some bankers and traders still have not learned their lesson*."
>
> Since when does "rescuing" and "propping up" cause anyone to "learn a
> lesson"?
>
> Are the writers at True Majority really so benighted that they don't parse
> and
> resolve what they are writing?  Are their followers so dazzled that they
> can't
> figure it out either?

For once we agree, Wayne.  I often suspect that all of these organizations,
even the seemingly well-meaning ones like True Majority, are ultimately
about little more than salaries for their paid employees.  If they can get
benighted readers/members to send money, it doesn't much matter what they
say.

I even wonder why Obama went to talk to the Wall Street bankers in his
recent speech.  "Now, boys, you're gonna have to straighten up and fly
right!"  C'mon.  Just withhold their allowances and start kicking their
asses.  Even then they'll just move their asses - their assets and/or
operations - offshore.

By the same token, I always wonder why I should phone our cadaverous
representative Tim Johnson, or sign these endless petitions, begging him to
do things that he plainly has no intention of doing.  When will we
understand that the self-interest of our "leaders" is not synonymous with
our own self-interest or the interests of our nation, and start treating
them as the mortal enemies they are?