[Peace-discuss] Fw: Curiouser and Curiouser - SPLC

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Apr 21 19:30:58 CDT 2010

"Those who don't know history..."

The SPLC list is of course the purest McCarthyism - purer than McCarthy's own:
"I have here in my hand a list of 205 that were made known to the Secretary of
State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still
working and shaping policy in the State Department," said Sen. Joseph McCarthy
in a speech in Wheeling WV, 9 February 1950.

But he never published his list of the delated.  The McCarthyists at SPLC and
their liberal defenders have gone him at least one better. McCarthy himself of
course had plenty of liberal defenders - "McCarthyism" was first a Democratic
party program. Find those subversives to shore up a Democratic administration
working for the economic elite. (Woodrow Wilson had shown the way thirty years
before.)  --CGE

believed to be clean.