[Peace-discuss] [Announce] And the FOP's response to Norbits'suspension

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 02:22:40 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Jenifer Cartwright <jencart13 at yahoo.com>wrote:

>   [Taking this off Peace (again) and putting it on Peace-discuss (again)]
>
> Hello Justus (is this yr name or yr hope??),
> I have long wondered if the Carrington's lawyer has been looking at
> bringing suit against Norbits for involuntary manslaughter or negligent
> homicide, and if not, why not. Lots of information in yr email (which I hope
> is true) that  supports this. Thanks for the great additions to a sad, sad
> subject that fortunately does not seem to be going away any time soon.
>  --Jenifer

There's a legal doctrine in civil law - I can't recall its Latin name at the
moment - that makes the employer liable for acts of its employees - even
arguably negligent acts - if the employee is acting within the regular scope
of his/her employment.

In a more practical vein, Norbits isn't the one with the deep pockets.

Criminal law has a different set of rules, but as we've seen, Julia Reitz
declines to prosecute criminally.  So, apparently, do the feds.

John "Justus" Wason

believed to be clean.