[Peace-discuss] And the FOP's response to Norbits'suspension

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Apr 25 00:04:06 CDT 2010

The problem with the police in Champaign is not just the racism but their attitude in general.

It is often said that "the speed of the outfit is the speed of the boss".  This most certainly holds true
for the Champaign City Police.  Norbits is culpable for sure.  There is no doubt in my mind that he
fully intended to shoot, and kill Kiwane Carrington.  But blaming him for his actions
is a bit like blaming the fruit for its quality.  The tree and the roots need to be examined.

You won't begin to approach the problem until Finney is extracted.  Suspensions wont do it.
The only suspension that would do Finney any good would occur at the end of a rope.  Since that in itself is
objectionable, and is quite inappropriate even in jesting, we would need to settle for simply firing the guy.

Then you need to look why the Champaign Police has the attitude.