[Peace-discuss] How Many Iraqis Did We "Liberate" from Life on Earth?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 14:19:07 CDT 2010

By now there have been several attempts to estimate how many Iraqis
have died as a result of the U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq
since March 2003. These estimates all support the conclusion that
"hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died as a result of the U.S.
invasion," a statement that we can now make with very high confidence.

If there is any American who is still willing to publicly claim they
believe that demands to indefinitely occupy Afghanistan or bomb Iran
have something to do with human liberation, put for them the following
simple test. Ask them to say the sentence: "Hundreds of thousands of
Iraqis have died as a result of the U.S. invasion of their country."
If a would-be "humanitarian bomber" cannot say this sentence, you can
safely ignore anything else they have to say.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/how-many-iraqis-did-we-li_b_673683.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/8/6/144946/4220

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/node/665

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Urge Congress to Support a Timetable for Military Withdrawal from Afghanistan
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/feingold-mcgovern