[Peace-discuss] Corn Festival -- RE: Sweet Corn Fest Fri & Sat!

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Aug 29 13:16:05 CDT 2010

Well Robert,

An interesting point; but it is grounded in probabilities of large numbers.  It presumes that if you argue with a large enough number of persons over a long enough time, there is a probability that a few my eventually change their minds.  While this may or may not be the case, it really does not pose an effective strategy - especially when the other side has the advantage of greater resources to counter one's arguments.  As for the Ayn Rand thing, I look at that is more or less a fad where believe in it was the fashionable belief of the day - like bellbottom trousers.  Most people were never really committed to the substantive content of her work and were willing to change as the fashion as to what was "in" to believe changed.  Only a relatively few libertarians became or were true believers; and they are still so to this day.