[Peace-discuss] Corn Festival -- RE: Sweet Corn Fest Fri & Sat!

Robert Kutz rbkutz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:35:03 CDT 2010

> Here, I guess we differ.  I do not think is as clear cut and easy a matter
> as brainwashing.  The mere fact that they are so easily brainwashed, so
> unquestioningly dogmatic and uncritical, and so inclined to come to the
> defense of the corporate ideology even when it is clearly against their
> immediate interests suggests to me that enlightenment of them would just be
> another form of brainwashing with a revised dogma.
>  *
> *

To this, I can only respond: I used to read and agree strongly with Ayn
Rand.

So speaking from experience, we all tend toward dogma at times, but
sometimes a critical kick in the thinker is all we need. Arguing with
somebody at a corn festival will never immediately change their mind, no --
but it may introduce ideas they hadn't thought of. If those ideas ferment,
then that person may eventually come to change their own mind.

I think that AWARE is basically like Inception in that regard, if I may make
an absurd pop-culture reference...