[Peace-discuss] book club / suggestion for a first book: The War Comes Home / is there an interest?

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Dec 1 16:51:29 CST 2010

shades of Miss Lily Lamont and the Firesign Theatre.

" (all together now.boys)
...We're bringing the War Back Home..
Where it ought of been before
We're bringing the war back home,
Where it ought to have been before!
We'll kill all the bees and spiders and flies,
And we won't play in iceboxes lying on their sides!...

...and it's march march march, et cetera,
til we don't have to march no more...!

...nointed with oil on troubled waters.. Oh, Heavenly Grid, help us bear up thy Standard, our Chevron flashing bright across the Gulf of Compromise, standing Humble on the Richfield of Mobil American Thinking? Here in this Shell we call Life...

(from How can you be in 2 places at once when you're not anywhere at all,