[Peace-discuss] book club / suggestion for a first book: The War Comes Home / is there an interest?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 08:20:03 CST 2010

> Title: The War Comes Home: Washington's Battle Against America's Veterans

Looking up related books (subject heading: Iraq War, 2003- --
Psychological aspects), I found several other titles that I had not
known about. I am not suggesting we read them, I just found them and
thought others might be interested:

2010: Murder in Baker Company : how four American soldiers killed one
of their own / Cilla McCain.
2010: Black hearts : one platoon's plunge into madness in the triangle
of death and the American struggle in Iraq / Jim Frederick.
2010: Hidden battles on unseen fronts : stories of American soldiers
with traumatic brain injury and PTSD / by Patricia P. Driscoll and
Celia Straus for the Armed Forces Foundation.
2007: Haunted by combat : understanding PTSD in war veterans including
women, reservists, and those coming back from Iraq / Daryl S. Paulson
and Stanley Krippner ; introduction by Jeffrey Kirkwood.
2003: Weapons of mass deception : the uses of propaganda in Bush's war
on Iraq / Sheldon Rampton and John Stauber. [I have read this --
George gave it to AWARE a few years ago.]