[Peace-discuss] AWARE & abortion

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Feb 6 15:50:03 CST 2010

Are you telling me to ignore Maggie Kuhn...?

I've had unfortunately occasion to mention before examples of what
anthropologist Laura Nader has called "coercive harmony."

She describes it as "basically a movement against the contentious in anything,
and it has very strange bedfellows, from people with various psychiatric therapy
movements, Christian fundamentalists, corporations sick of paying lawyers,
activists who believe we should love each other ... coercive harmony [is] an
ideology that says if you disagree, you should really keep your mouth shut."

[For the full article, google "Harmony Coerced Is Freedom Denied"] --CGE

believed to be clean.