[Peace-discuss] a friend: Haiti's problem is overpopulation

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 14:49:06 CST 2010

Baaaad choice of words, and maybe a sucky attitude as well... There's a HUGE difference between providing women w/ options for preventing pregnancy via accessibility/affordability of e g pill or IUDs (and making it worthwhile to follow thru, or not) and forcing anyone do anything. Given the choice -- this is me stating the obvious -- most women would happily and gratefully avoid unwanted pregnancy (something most of us on this list have pretty much always taken for granted). --Jenifer