[Peace-discuss] a friend: Haiti's problem is overpopulation

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 15:40:08 CST 2010

Jenifer,

I'll also mention 2 other things about developing countries:
1) continuous access to any medical care is sketchy at best. Access to birth
control pills may come and go -- especially in rural areas. Ability to pay
for the pills will definitely come and go.
2) clean water is also hard to come by. IUDs need to be clean, otherwise
they are potentially causing infection.

Check the reports on the safety of birth control pills. More and more
research suggests that hormone alteration in a woman's body is not as safe
as we have been thinking it is.

Bob, gravity is fine for me now.

-karen medina

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Jenifer Cartwright <jencart13 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> What a sad experience, Karen, my heart goes out to you. But you surely know
> that you are the exception, not the rule? Millions (billions?) of women have
> used The Pill safely for more than half a century (including normal
> pregnancy/delivery after discontinuing). Birth control pills, along w/ IUDs,
> are still the best b c method for any population at large -- tho' they
> (along w/ e g cats; lactose; peanuts, etc) are not for everyone, and of
> course they offer no protection against STDs.
>
> It's true that other forms of contraception are less reliable than birth
> control pills... plus going off them takes a lot of dedication, as well I
> know from personal experience (my son, the Republican).
>  --Jenifer

believed to be clean.