[Peace-discuss] to move AWARE meetings or not to move AWARE meetings / that is the question

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:40:19 CST 2010

2 possible options so far for meeting places: University Place
Christian Church; McKinley Foundation

Where: University Place Christian Church, ; 403 S. Wright Street
http://www.uniplace.org/find.html
Who checked on this: Linda, Joe (Weber) and Stuart did check on the
church by the old IDF.
Free meeting space? - yes.
Access? - yes, Linda, as a church member, can have a key
More keys? - no (possible problem)
Storage space? - no
Wireless? - Stuart is going to check.
Parking? - yes
Near campus? - yes, but not too near that it would cause problems with parking

McKinley Foundation (on the corner of 5th and Daniel in Champaign)
Who checked?: Karen Medina
Free meeting space? - no, but $10 a week is not bad
Access? - yes, the building is open Sundays from morning till
Midnight, so we would not need a key.
Storage space? - I did not ask. If we cut back on meeting space
rental, we could rent a small storage unit and still be ahead of the
game.
Wireless? - yes
Parking? - yes, the parking garage across 5th Street.
Near campus? - yes. Parking on Sunday evenings will not be a problem,
unless some huge event on campus like Mom's Day.
Other: not handicapped accessible. The room suggested to us is at the
far end of the building from parking so some walking up and down
stairs inside and out.
Dogs: I asked. She will get back to me.

believed to be clean.