[Peace-discuss] Fw: Roland Burris: Senate Healthcare Hero

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 16:28:31 CST 2010

Hopeful news, for a change.

--- On Thu, 2/18/10, Jim Dean, Democracy for America <info at democracyforamerica.com> wrote:

From: Jim Dean, Democracy for America <info at democracyforamerica.com>
Subject: Roland Burris: Senate Healthcare Hero
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 12:17 PM

#yiv1390513210 {
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10pt;background-color:#fff;margin:5px;}

Jenifer -

Senator Roland Burris just stood up for Illinois, the public option, and Americans everywhere.

Two days ago, D.C. pundits were saying healthcare reform was on life support and the public option was long dead. They were wrong.

In just two days, DFA members have made thousands of calls to Congress asking their Senators to join Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado in calling on Majority Leader Harry Reid to use reconciliation to pass healthcare reform with the choice of a public option. Senator Burris heard your calls and now he's helping lead the charge for the public option.

When elected officials stand up for us, we need to stand up for them. Send Senator Burris a quick message thanking him for his hard work.

THANK ROLAND BURRIS FOR HIS LEADERSHIP

When DFA members started making calls two days ago, we had four Senators on board. Today, we have 16.

The pressure is working -- thank Senator Burris for his leadership today.

And thank YOU for everything you do.

-Jim

Jim Dean, Chair
Democracy for America

Democracy for America relies on you and the people-power of more than one million members to fund the grassroots organizing and training that delivers progressive change on the issues that matter. Please Contribute Today and support our mission.

Paid for by Democracy for America, http://democracyforamerica.com/ and not authorized by any candidate. Contributions to Democracy for America are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.

believed to be clean.