[Peace-discuss] Impeachment/Bring Our Troops Home

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Jan 2 12:40:43 CST 2010

[This piece was published on Saturday, January 2, IN the Madison Capital Times
(Wisconsin) by Buzz Davis, a former Army officer and a member of Wisconsin
Impeachment/Bring Our Troops Home Coalition and Veterans for Peace.]

	In 2010, Obama Must Enforce Law or Be Impeached
	by Buzz Davis

My first wish for 2010 is that President Obama will direct U.S. Attorney General
Eric Holder to begin federal prosecutions:

--of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney -- for war crimes and treason against our
Constitution.

--of 30 or so leaders of the largest banks and investment, insurance,
accounting, bond rating and law firms responsible for the irresponsible home
mortgage lending and fraudulent repackaging of bad mortgages into investment
instruments that led to the housing crash -- for crimes of purposeful lack of
due diligence and any other crimes they perpetrated upon investors, including
false balance sheets.

--of the high-level federal appointees at Treasury, the Federal Reserve and
other agencies who were told by staff what was going on with the
mortgages/investment instruments and what could be done about it, and who did
nothing -- thus violating their oaths of office and statutory authorities.

My second wish for 2010 is that Obama wakes up and says, "My God, I am guilty of
Bush's ‘sins.' " And that Obama immediately orders the troops home from Iraq and
Afghanistan; orders the cessation of illegal attacks against alleged terrorists
in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere; orders the FBI to draft criminal charges
against suspected terrorists and presents these charges to federal courts and
international police agencies, requesting the apprehension of such terrorists
through police channels; orders the cessation of illegal spying on all
Americans; orders the immediate closure of GITMO and moves all prisoners to the
basement of the Pentagon to stand trial in federal courts; orders the immediate
cessation of all actions considered torture under the Geneva Conventions; orders
the termination of all agency heads and generals who told him to do all these
things; and orders the prosecution of present and past agency heads and generals
who advocated the above actions or implemented these actions in violation of
U.S. law.

My third wish is that Obama then goes to a large park in Los Angeles, invites
the poor of all races and nationalities, and states he has seen the error of his
ways. He asks for forgiveness from the American people and the millions of
people in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan whose lives he has ruined, and he
states he will not run for president in 2012 but will spend the last three years
of his presidency working to eradicate poverty in America with public sector
jobs and training so that Americans can: live with their families, have a job to
go to each day, have food on the table, have a roof over their heads, not fear
sickness because they have single-payer/Medicare-for-all health insurance,
believe in the future because their kids will go to good, free public schools
and higher education, and have a secure retirement due to an improved Social
Security system.

And lastly, if Obama does not act on wishes No. 1 and No. 2 above in the first
few months of 2010, we regretfully and forcefully move to impeach and remove him
from office.

We have given Obama a year of hope and patience. He deserves no more. We must
create a crisis -- the crisis of impeachment -- and remove from office the
person who has violated his oath of office to preserve and protect the
Constitution of the United States and to uphold and enforce the laws of our nation.

Just as America has been strong enough to withstand the massive personal,
corporate and governmental corruption of the last 10 years, we are certainly
strong enough to withstand the turmoil of impeaching our president.

We must take action against the crimes Bush committed and Obama is committing,
or we lose our form of government. We must punish those at the top who break our
laws or we are finished as a nation ruled by law, not kings.

Obama either protects our Constitution and enforces the laws, or we, as
citizens, are duty bound to throw him out using the most powerful tool we have:
impeachment!

© 2010 Madison Capital Times