[Peace-discuss] WTF?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 18 13:11:54 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:47:56PM -0600, Stuart Levy wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:26:18PM -0600, Ron Szoke wrote:
> > I went to supposed AWARE meeting at 5 Sunday.  Nobody else was there.  Left
> > about 5:20 pm.  Did I miss something?  Was the meeting cancelled?

Anyway -- more to the point -- I'm very sorry that you ended up going for nothing!

I have had too little time to pay attention to AWARE things that attention.
Would someone else like to be at least a keyholder, to open up for meetings?
We're entitled to at least one more key.

We have another problem too -- many of AWARE's signs, which were relocated by
the IMC people without telling us, have now been water-damaged.  Yuck.  I'll
have to post another note about that, maybe later today.

In the mean time, with David Green's help, I've taken a few of the signs
(the two bundles we had out for Saturday's demonstration) to my house to dry,
but many more still need to be dealt with.  I'm just sick about this.
If anyone has time to take the IMC key and deal with some of the other signs,
please lemme know.

> Yes -- did decide last week to cancel in favor of the King program,
> since none of us who were at last week's meeting were available
> to be there this Sunday.  We had left a note on the family room door
> saying so -- had it been removed?
>
> > This is being sent to Peace-discuss because I have received nothing from the
> > Peace list for many weeks.  Is there a technical glitch?
>
> Oh that's odd.  I have received a few things, and sent at least one.
> There has been a technical glitch (for things sent to @anti-war.net)
> which I think has been fixed.
>
> > -- Ron
> >
> > --