[Peace-discuss] 4th of July letter to Michael Steele (by "Judy Morris")

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Jul 4 12:08:41 CDT 2010

Interesting read aside from the jab at "progressives".  Perhaps she is a bit careless.

Certainly the Democrat party was the historical war party.

My July 4th Letter to Michael Steele
 Today at 12:35am
Dear Mr. Steele:

I applaud your extraordinary courage in thinking the unthinkable and speaking the unspeakable relative to the futility of the war in Afghanistan. Many have left the GOP because of its viral neocon commitment to endless and murderous foreign interventions. I no longer vote Republican but 3rd party.

History teaches us that it was the progressives and the Democrats who were addicted to wars of empire. Democrat Woodrow Wilson got us into WW I, Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt got us into WW II, Democrat Harry Truman got us into the Korean War, Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson got us into the Vietnam War and Democrat Bill Clinton got us into the Balkan Wars. According to www.abmc.gov, 35,473 Americans are dead/missing from WW I, 405,399 Americans are dead from WW II, 54,246 Americans are dead from the Korean War and 58,178 Americans are dead from the Vietnam War. That's a grand total of 553,296 dead Americans from Democratic wars.

At a trillion bucks a year, our insane foreign policy has bankrupted the nation, destroyed our economy, assaulted our civil liberties, trashed the Constitution and has churned a once peaceful and prosperous Pax Americana into Pox Americana. It's definitely time to focus the foreign policy debate on legitimate national defense needs vs. non-stop interventionism. The American people are sick to death of the wars and it's time for the Republican Party to get back to its historical roots of peace by following the foreign policy advice of our founders and rejecting war unless constitutionally declared by Congress.

I would hope that you grow even more courageous and condemn all of our interventions and wars as offensive to our Constitution, inconsistent with the principles of liberty and morally repugnant. America is desperate for political leadership that will restore Pax Americana, Liberty and Prosperity. It's July 4th and our founders who declared "we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor" must be rolling over in their graves at the horrors inflicted upon a once free and prospering people by ignoble men and women with no honor and who mockingly spat upon all that was sacrificed to create the greatest free nation in all of human existence.