[Peace-discuss] JFP 7/9: Peace Activists Protest DNC Attack on Steele Over Afghanistan

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 9 19:33:42 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 07:17:30PM -0500, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> That's ludicrous. Of course support of the war is the position of the
> Democrats.

Well, it shouldn't be.  And it's *not* the apparent position
(based on their votes for the McGovern amendment) of a majority of
individual Dems in Congress, and more individual Dems in the US population,
who after all voted for peace in the last two elections.
This is a great way to make that point.

We really have to hand it to Steele for tossing rope to the
establishment Democrats which they reflexively snatched and
tied into a noose.