[Peace-discuss] JFP 7/9: Peace Activists Protest DNC Attack on Steele Over Afghanistan

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 9 19:54:44 CDT 2010

Look, the Democrats have pretended to be against the war since Obama ran for the
Senate (2004) and the Democrats were given control of the Congress (2006) on the
understanding that they would end the war.

They were lying - how consciously doesn't matter: the question is not of their
personal psychological state any more than that's the questions about Germans
in 1939 or South Africans in  1994.  The question is, what did they do?

The Democrats support the war effectively by arranging money for it.  It makes
no difference how many face-saving (ass-covering, hand-wringing...) amendments
they pass.  Even Pelosi, who arranged the charade, could vote no at some point...